Wednesday, December 26

Top 10 of 2012... Best Debut's of 2012


Hey guys,
So it's the third day of Top 10 of 2012 and today we got to choose which one we wanted to do. We could choose between Villians, Contemporaries, Dual POVs, Novellas, Adult titles, New Adult titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys and Debuts. Now there are a few I would have loved to do but I chose Debuts. I wouldn't usually as I tend to buy debut's and never actually read them until the year after but this year I read quite a lot of 2012 debuts so I wanted to show you my favourite debut's of the year.

10. Neophyte by Emmalee Aple

I really loved Neophyte. I have to say I put off reading Neophyte for quite a few months. This has nothing to do with the book itself but more to do with the fact that I am good friends with the author and I was absolutely terrified I wouldn't like it and really didn't want to hurt Emmalee's feelings. I needn't have worried. I loved Neophyte. This is such a unique angel story and I haven't really read anything like it before. I've read a few angel books and a lot of them are really similar to each other but this one is just so different and original. I absolutely loved it and I can't wait for the next book in the series.


9. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by S. J Maas

This is one of the debuts that I just fell in love with. I loved it. It a Pure/Epic Fantasy novel, which I haven't read that much of, and I just fell in love with it. I absolutely adored this book. It reminded me a little of Poison Study by Maria V Snyder and that is an awesome thing because I love love loved that book. This is such a great 'kick-ass' book with a very strong heroine and a great cast of guys too. I really loved it and I can't wait to read the second one.
8. Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton

I absolutely adored Everneath. I am such a big fan of mythology and I absolutely love books with a mythological element to them. Everneath is one of the best I have read. 
I was hooked from page one and I couldn't put this one down. I loved everything about it and I am dying for Everbound which comes out in January. I loved Everneath and it one of the best debut's I have ever read. I was shocked to find that this was Brodi's first novel as it was such a fantastic book and written so superbly I couldn't believe how amazing it was. I love this book and any mythology fan should definitely read this one.


7. ReVamped (Angel Creek #1) by Ada Adams

Ahh ReVamped. This is another one of those debuts that just rocked my socks off. I was surprised this was Ada's first book because of how amazing it was. I loved every second of it.
This is one of those really unique books... kind of like Neophyte was. ReVamped is one of the more unique and original takes on vampires and I just loved it. Although Vamps have been 'overdone' to some extent ReVamped is nothing like I ever imagined it would be and so much better than I could have ever thought. It was amazing.



6. Chosen Ones (The Lost Souls #1) by Tiffany Truitt

I read Chosen Ones at the beginning of the year and it still sticks in my head as a favourite. I loved every moment of it. It's a dystopia book and I was just completely sucked into this new dystopia world and society. I was just completely in love with Tiffany's writing and everything. I absolutely loved it. 
For any fans of dystopia I would completely recommend this one as it's original and unique and just pretty damn phenomenal. I am so glad I got to read this this year and I can't wait for book 2 to find out what will happen next. 




5. The One (The Portal Trilogy #1) by Heather Self

AHHH The One was amazing. This is such a unique story. It's about dragons which is a whole new kinda thing for me. I haven't really read many books about dragons and I absolutely loved this one. 
It's freaking awesome and everyone should just read it. I love love love it.
A must read. I am dying for book 2.






4. Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry

YES! Pushing the Limits again. I know what your thinking... it's been on every one of my lists so far but I just have to have it on here. I just love it THAT much. This is without a doubt my favourite contemporary book of all time. I absolutely adore everything about it. Everyone just needs to read this one as it's just phenomenal. Everything about it is amazing!





3. Gravity (The Taking #1) by Melissa West

Gravity... another book that completetly blew me away. This one was kind of a new theme for me. This is one of the only books about Aliens I have read and I just fell in love with it. Melissa's writing style is just phenomenal and it completely had me hooked from page one. This is just one of my favourite books of all time, I just loved every single second. Everyone needs to read this one.





2. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (Super Sweet #1) by Rachel Harris

So this one I didn't include in my Top 10... but man I so should have included it because this is one of my favourites of all time. I cannot praise Rachel enough because she is so amazing. This book is set in a historical era and considering I am a person who hates historical books... with a passion, I fell head over heels in love with this book. To me Rachel took the impossible (me liking a historical book) and made it possible because I freaking adore this book. I can't wait for more from Rachel she is an author to definitely watch in the future as there is no doubt in my mind that she is going to go so far. She is incredible and I am dying for more books from Rachel.



1. Sweet Evil (Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins

This is a book that you have probably seen a couple of times on my list already. Sweet Evil is just one of the most incredible books I've ever read and I can't get enough of Wendy's storytelling and her incredible unique story. I loved everything about this book.
It was just phenomenal and I think it is the best debut I have read... EVER not just this year. It's just phenomenal and a must-read for everyone.







So that's my top 10 Debut's of 2012. There's a few I haven't read yet so if you have anymore you think should have been on this list let me know in the comments. 
Don't forget to leave links to your posts.

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. It's awesome when a historical book appeals to non-historical peeps (I tend not to read them myself). And Throne of Glass is a little like Poison Study? That just got moved up my TBR! Poison Study was epic.

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fab ones! I'm honored to be included :) I especially loved I LOVED MSSSC since we had a "Renaissance" wedding. Can't wait to see your next list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kayleigh!! I can't thank you enough! I'm so thrilled that you loved Sweet Evil. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeey for Sweet Evil <3 <3 Loved this book!! :) And Pushing the limits as well! :) ;) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love so many if these books. Sweet Evil of course. Everneath is great. Pushing the Limits is just yummy and I loved Throne of Glass. Love this list!


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pushing the Limits is an awesome book. I don't think anyone will disagree! ;D

    Happy Holidays,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of those! There are a few that are on my TBR, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Everneath and Pushing the Limits. I still need to read the rest but you've got a great selection for your top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The belt сould be woгn ωheгeveг so уou can
    get a wondеrful work out taking a cat nаp oг
    wаshіng propeгty.

    Feel fгee tо surf tο mу web-site; flex Belt coupon

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's certainly a lot to find out about this topic. I really like all the points you made.

    my blog post :: visit the next web site

    ReplyDelete
  11. magnificent points altogether, you just won a logo new reader.

    What may you recommend about your put up that you just made some days in the past?
    Any certain?

    my website ... bodybuilder

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just
    extremely magnificent. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stating and the
    way in which you say it. You make it entertaining
    and you still take care of to keep it wise. I cant
    wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great site.


    my website; Arlen

    ReplyDelete
  13. hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me taiwow
    http://ganodermapluscapsule05.blogspot.com/2015/06/cara-alami-mengatasi-menopause-dini.html

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment