Thursday, January 31

Early Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2)

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2)
Katie McGarry

Published By: HarlequinTEEN
Publication Date: May 28, 2013
Date Read: January 11, 2013
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Review Copy from Netgalley
Format: E-Book
 photo AddtoGoodreads.png

From Goodreads:
"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...
"This isn't me giving him a memory. This is me giving him my heart."
 
First of all I just have to give a crazy big squeal! Dare You To is everything I wanted in a Katie McGarry book and more. It was just amazing. Pushing the Limits was one of my all time favourite books of 2012 and Katie McGarry was one of my breakthrough authors of 2012. Pushing the Limits just completely and utterly blew me away and left me reeling and not being able to wait for more. Dare You To did not disappoint at all. I was just sucked up into Beth's story and I loved every single second of it.

Beth's always had it rough, growing up with a mother who depends on her to do everything and her mother's boyfriend who treats her like a punching bag. All Beth knows is that she is safe with her two best friends Isaiah and Noah. But suddenly everything changes. Beth is shipped off to live with her Uncle and his wife, who hates her and forced to go to a new school where nobody understand her.
Ryan is the town's perfect guy. He is popular, a jock... who could want anything more? But Ryan loves dares and when he is dared to ask out the bad skater girl Beth everything changes. Can a dare really turn into something more? Beth and Ryan are about to find out... one thing is certain when they are togeteher sparks fly... but can they find love or are they destined to burn out?

I just loved every single second of this book. I am completely in awe of Katie McGarry and she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. I just love her. Her writing is just phenomenal. She has this incredible talent of pulling you in right at the start and not letting you go until the book is finished and you are left reeling dying for more. Katie I bow down to you because you are just epically awesome and I love you.

The characters in this book are incredible. We met Beth in Pushing the Limits so I was instantly excited to find out about her story. I love Contemporary books where we get other people's stories so having already met Beth and loved her in Pushing the Limits it made me so crazy excited for this book. Beth did not disappoint. She is just the epitome of awesome. She is a kick-ass girl who wont take no crap from no one and man I freaking adore her. She is just amazing and one of the best lead female characters in a book. She has this amazingly kick-ass tough exterior while we also get to see a softer side to Beth and I loved seeing that.

Ryan... well Ryan is pretty damn perfect. He is the good guy and as much as I have a weakness for bad boys I just cannot resist those perfect sweet guys... they are just so..... *dreamy sigh* and Ryan is no exception... I will admit he is no Noah that's for sure and Noah is my guy... always but Ryan stole my heart in this book. He is just so amazing and all he wanted was to prove to Beth that people could care about her and I just loved him in the book.

Pushing the Limits was one of my favourite books of last year and I already know that Dare You To will continue to be one of my favourites of this year. I am so excited for anything by Katie McGarry and I don't even need to know what it's about. I will read it just because she wrote it. There are no words to explain just how excited I am for Isaiah's story. Katie McGarry is officially and writing goddess and I will continue to stalk her and read every single one of her books. I am a fan for life and I will always re-read her books over and over. Dare You To was just phenomenal and it is not to be missed out on. If you want a book that will have your heart-racing and you swooning like crazy then this book is for you. A must-read!

"This must be love: when everything else in the world could implode and you wouldn't care as long as you had that one person standing beside you."

 photo 5-star.png
 photo kayleigh.png

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Looks like you loved this book (:
    Pushing The Limits is one of my favorite books ever. I am really glad to hear that the sequel is just as good!

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am CURRENTLY reading this book and it is flippin' awesome. Love the characters and Beth is so cool and kick-ass. I am sure that I am giving it five stars.

    GREAT review, K

    Your reader,
    Soma

    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment