Monday, February 25

Blog Tour: Dracian Legacy (Dracian #1) by Priya Kanaparti


Hey Guys,
I'm so excited to have a stop on the blog tour of Dracian Legacy, my good friend Priya's debut novel.

Dracian Legacy (Dracian #1)
Priya Kanaparti

Publication Date:February 14, 2013
Date Read: February 18, 2013
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Review Copy from Author
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16007175-dracian-legacy
From Goodreads:
Ren and Axel are caught between two powerful magical races: one destined to end the bloodshed, the other out for vengeance.

Seventeen-year-old Ren Pernell is prophesied to end the war between the Dracians and the Telalians. So when a Dracian, Axel Knight, is sent to find and bring back the prophesied one before she turns eighteen and Telalians discover of her existence, unexpected sparks start to fly between the two. Once Ren finds the truth behind Axel’s arrival, she wants everything to do with him and nothing to do with his mission.

Things prove to become difficult as Ren’s life is constantly threatened by the Goarders, humans who sold their souls, a Proxy Succubi, and the leader of the Telalians, who has been searching for her as well.

With the clock ticking and Ren’s life in jeopardy, it is no longer just a mission for Axel. It becomes a personal endeavor to save the only one he’s ever loved. In a heart racing ending, they must find a way to evade the preordained war that won’t also end Ren’s life.

"I want us. I want to be your every breath, your every dream, be your everything."

Dracian Legacy was one of my 'can't wait for' book of 2013 and I am so grateful to the amazing Priya for sending me an ARC of this book. However I am very sad to say that this book just didn't mean my expectations. Don't get me wrong it is a very good story and there are certain parts of the book that I loved but unfortunately other parts just fell flat for me.

Ren's life has always been simple. She is living her normal life going to school and hanging out with her friends. Then Axel comes to town. The new guy he is mysterious and gorgeous and Ren just feels when he is around. Suddenly Ren is pulled into the supernatural world that she never knew existed but has always been a part of. Ren is prophesised to end the war between Dracian's and Telalians. But now Ren knows everything and her life is constantly in danger. Add that to being torn between Axel, the guy she loves and she has a special connection with and Dean, typical bad boy and best friend. Ren's life has just got a whole lot complicated and can everyone get out alive?

Dracian Legacy is an enjoyable book and I did enjoy reading it. I genuinely love the storyline. I mean read that blurb. You have everything you could possibly want, there's mystery and action and the supernatural and hot boys. Not only one hot boy but TWO! The best! I really loved the mythology of the supernatural races and think that that was done so well. Have no doubt that Priya's writing style is incredible. I think she did a fantastic job of letting us know little bits of the supernatural history and mythology as we went along which kept my attention and had me wondering more about them and continuing reading to find that out.

However, there were holes in the story for me. The biggest thing for me was the action... this war between the two supernatural races that's mentioned in the blurb... I was expecting action and for the first half of the book nothing really happened. It was heavily focussed on the romance which usually is fine for me but I just wanted something else to happen and I started to find myself getting a little bored in the first half of the book. The prophecy in the blurb isn't even mentioned until well after half-way and I just felt like the blurb ruined it a little bit for me as I felt bored in the first half because I knew she was supernatural but the first half of the book goes on as if she's not and I think the second half would have had more of the shock factor if it hadn't been in the blurb. Second thing, things happened in the book that just weren't expanded upon. One thing in particular is included on the cover so to me should be very important and it was mentioned once and then it seemed as if it had just been forgotten about.

I have some issues with characters too. Before I read this book I had read reviews that said that Ren was an awesome kick-ass character which made me so impatient to read the book... but I was disappointed. To me she wasn't strong or kick-ass... she tried to be... she tried so hard to be independent but for me it just didn't happen! She is one of my least favourite heroines. She just annoyed me so much. It wasn't in a 'she was pathetic or whiny' way it's that she is just so stupid! A lot of the scenes I was just so close to screaming at the book. I mean things happen that are just so damn obvious and she doesn't even bat an eyelash toward it. I was like are you seriously that stupid? To me Ren is an absolute idiot and people who know me know I have a major issue with idiocy. I can't stand stupid people! And I am sorry but Ren takes stupidity to a whole new level for me!

The thing that totally redeemed this book for me was the boys. After I got over the whole insta-love thing... yes guys there is insta-love, something I hate so much. BUT Axel made the insta-love thing easier because let's face it... I totally fell insta-love with him too. He is the nicest, sweetest guy ever and I was just constantly going AWWWWW. He is amazing... BUT my heart completely and utterly belongs to Dean. Ren's bad-boy best friend Dean is the cockiest guy you will ever meet but man I am head-over-heels in love with him. Dean redeemed the whole book for me and I am soooo Team Dean!

I'd really been looking forward to Dracian Legacy and don't get me wrong I did enjoy it but there was just too much that really annoyed me. I loved the storyline and the mythology of the supernatural races but there was just a lot there that were things that really annoy me in books so it fell a bit short and left me a bit disappointed. It just didn't live up to my expectations. I will still be reading the second one as I just need to know what happens and I need more Dean ;)

"I love you, in so many ways it's hard to breathe. I love you above everything - heaven, earth, body and soul."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment