Friday, March 22

Blog Tour: Shooting Stars by HD Gordon

Hey Guys,
I'm so excited to be included in the blog tour for HD's phenomenal new book Shooting Stars.
Check it out...

Shooting Stars (Surah Stormstrong #1)
HD Gordon

Blurb:
Once upon a time, a common boy fell in love with a princess. It was a hopeless, forbidden love, grown in a world where sorcery and magic rule over all. Now, dark times are brewing, and destiny will bring them together, while fate works to keep them apart. Extraordinary battles will be fought, and extraordinary choices made. Join the author of The Alexa Montgomery Saga for the beginning of a tale of star-crossed lovers and magic, of hope and love and loss, of desperate wishes made on stars.



I beta read this book and let me tell you it is definitely not to be missed. I absolutely loved it.
My review will up soon.

Now for the blog tour here is an exclusive interview with HD.

-->
Hi HD and thank you for joining us on K-Books today.

So first I have to congratulate you on finishing the Alexa Montgomery series. How did you feel about letting those characters go?

Thank you! It was a bittersweet feeling. These were characters that I had been writing and thinking about for nearly two years, and writing them had become like a second nature. Blood Warrior was the first book I’d ever written, and I had seriously grown to love them by the time I got to the last book. At the same time, it was nice to complete their tales, because even I had no idea how it would end. Writing a series takes a lot out of you, and requires a great deal of thought and time. After a while, you just want to see it completed, to give your characters the finale that they deserve. I tried to do that to the best of my ability. And I will never regret or forget them. Who knows? They may make an appearance again in my future books somewhere.

So your new series has just been released how excited are you about releasing it into the world?

Very excited. And very nervous. You never can tell how a new work will be perceived. I’m always nervous when those first reviews start to roll in, and all you can do is sit back and know that you’ve done the best you can, and some people will like it, and some won’t. 

Can you tell us a bit about it?

Sure. First, it is very different from the AMS. The world is still essentially the same, you’re just seeing a whole new part of it. Those who have read Alexa will see the connections, and I hope it will serve to broaden the scope of the world that was introduced in the AMS. Surah is the main character, and if you’ve read Redemption then you know who she is. She is a sorceress princess, the next in line to the throne. The main guy in this story is Charlie, and he is a common man who has been in love with Surah since they were children. There is no love triangle in this book, as I wanted it to be a tale of star-crossed lovers and magic, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t complications. Someone else has his eyes on Surah, and he is someone who should definitely be watched out for. When a Highborn lady is murdered in Charlie’s bar, Surah is put on the case to solve the murder, and things sort of unravel from there. To further complicate matters, the main bad guy is a direct relation to Charlie, so yeah, they very quickly find themselves in a world of trouble, and this book is just the beginning.

What made you write another series set in the same world as Alexa?

I like to think that all the books I write, even JOE, could exist in the same world. Everything I write usually has some fantastical element to it, and the idea that I could reference one book in another book- a reference that only constant readers of my work will get- appeals to me. It’s sort of like what Quentin Tarantino does in all of his movies- you may see the same cigarette add on a billboard from a different movie, and you know that somehow, even though the stories are completely different, the world is the same. But you only get these things if you’ve been paying attention all along. Like a secret between me and my constant readers. By the time I’ve written fifty books, this should be such a complex and huge world that it hurts to even think about it.

Who was your favourite character from Shooting Stars to write and why?

Hmm. That’s tough, because I really liked all of these characters. Samson, the tiger, seems to be a favourite of the readers, but Surah and Charlie and even the bad guys were fun to write. Also, the fae queen, who you also met in Redemption, was a blast.


If you could only choose one of your lead male characters as a favourite who would you choose?

Charlie. Yes, Charlie. I love the shit outta Kayden. But I know where I’m going with Charlie, and the cool thing about him is that he is a guy that you could actually meet, not some Greek-God that you only find between the pages of a fantasy novel, but a real man who you might just see walking down the street before he sweeps your heart away from you.

And finally what can we expect from you in the near future?

I will finish Surah’s tales this year, and I promise that book two and three will knock you off your feet. This book is merely the setup of that. Also, I’m working on a horror book right now that I hope to shop out to agents, and also make people afraid to turn off their lights. As always, there is a lot more in the works. But, I’m also going back to school in the fall, so I hope that readers will stick around as I go and try to strengthen my craft.


Thanks for joining us on K-Books today and good look with your new release.

Thank you, Kay! Always a pleasure!

Well what are you waiting for? Go get Shooting Stars now!

 photo kayleigh.png

1 comments:

  1. My brοtheг suggestеd I might like
    thіs web ѕite. Hе was totаlly right.
    This pоst actually madе my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    My weblog ... Property for Sale

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment