Monday, May 27

Review: Sweet Peril (Sweet Trilogy #2)

Sweet Peril (Sweet Trilogy #2)
Wendy Higgins

Published By: Harper Teen
Publication Date: April 30, 2013
Date Read: May 11, 2013
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 371
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15768191-sweet-peril
From Goodreads:
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?
"Anna... the night of the summit, when you were saved, it was the only time in my life I've thanked God for anything."

Oh. My. Holy. Hawtness!
There are no words to explain just how excited I was to get this book in my hands. I read Sweet Evil last year just after it had been released and literally fell head over heels in love with the book. Since then I have been dying... like literally I can't breathe dying... to get this book in my hands and find out what would happen to this book next. Naturally I had the fear that I always do when starting the sequel to one of my favourite books... what if it doesn't live up to the epicness of the first one? But there was no need for me to worry as Sweet Peril just knocked my socks off and blew me away!

Anna has always been the sweet, innocent girl always looking out for others and making sure they are okay. She swore she would never do the work of her demonic father like the other nephilim. But when she starts to be haunted by demon whisperers she must break her promise and start 'working'. She is still struggling from the loss of Kaidan, son of The Demon of Lust who is plaguing her mind. But when Anna discovers a lost prophecy that can change life as she knows it, not just for her but for everyone she must put aside her differences and call on the other Nephilim to help her with her quest. But will she be able to put aside their differences and feelings to work together?

There are seriously no words I could ever say that would do justice to this book. It is without a doubt the best sequel I have ever read in my life. I literally could not put the book down and even though my schedule was crazy busy and I didn't have much time to read I found that I literally just could not stop! I have officially become a Wendy Higgins fangirl. Her writing style is genuinely phenomenal. Even though it had been a year since I read Sweet Evil Wendy's writing just completely captured me and sucked me back into this world of Angels, Demons and Nephililm and I just couldn't wait to see what would happen.

Anna is so awesome in this installment. She is definitely not the sweet innocent girl that we met at the start of Sweet Evil. She has grown up so much since then and is a different person for the better. She is stronger and a lot more kick-ass. I just love Anna. I loved seeing the different side to her and seeing the mixture of the bad girl and the good girl. She is the perfect mix of both. She goes on a huge journey throughout this book and it's great to see that although she grows as a character, she still stays true to the girl we met and loved in book 1. She is just the perfect character that everyone can relate to and love.

Kaidan... Oh. My. Kaidan! I freaking loved bad-boy Kaidan in Sweet Evil and was ready to dive back into the story and find out how my boy was doing. I didn't think it was possible but I loved Kai even more in this book. We have seen the bad boy Kai... now be ready for romantic and swoon-worthy Kai. I seriously fell even more head-over-heels in love with him and he is rivalling all other book boys as my favourite right now! I just adore him!

Sweet Peril was such a fantastic installment of The Sweet Trilogy and it is fast becoming one of my favourite series of all time. The plot is fantastic, the world is incredible and the characters are just amazing. I love absolutely everything about this book! There is not one thing that I don't like about this book. I get the feeling that I get when reading a JLA book. They are just unputdownable and leave you literally dying and counting down the days until the next installment. Sweet Evil was a fab start to the series and I adored it but Sweet Peril just blows it out of the water. I never imagined that the sequel could be quite as good but I was so wrong. It is phenomenal! It completely stole my heart and took my breath away! This series is a must read. Not to be missed!

"They saw love as a weakness, but they were wrong. Love would keep us going. Love was our strength."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment