Wednesday, July 10

Blog Tour: PODs by Michelle Pickett

Hey Guys,
I am so excited to be a part of the Blog Tour for Michelle Pickett's phenomenal YA Dystopia novel PODs.

PODs
Michelle Pickett

Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Available In: Paperback, E-Book
 photo AddtoGoodreads.png

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.

I have to say this is one of the best Dystopia novels I have ever read. I was lucky enough to have got an ARC of this one from Spencer Hill Press and once I started it I zoomed through it. It was just addictive and phenomenal.

You can check out my 4 Star Review by clicking HERE

Now while reading PODs, I fell head over heels for the main guy David. He is so super swoon worthy!
Wanna know more about him? OF COURSE YOU DO...

I give you... DAVID!

Getting To Know You...

-->
Hi David,



Thanks so much for joining us on K-Books today.

(David) Thank you very much for having me. I’m excited to be here!

Favourite thing to do in your spare time

(David) Well, I have two distinct timeframes to choose from, before and after. Before the virus I liked hanging with my friends, tossing a football and joking around—normal stuff, I guess. I spent a lot of time with my little sisters, too. They tagged around with me, but I actually liked having them with me. I also spent a lot of time on my art.

Now—after the virus—I spend a lot more time on my art and Eva and I do a lot of things together. Now that the Infected aren’t an issue we hike the nature trails around the village and barbeque with friends.

(Eva) I barbeque. David can’t cook anything.

(David) Eva, this is my interview.

(Eva) Sorry. I’m just sayin’. You can’t barbeque. Not unless people like their meat like jerky.

(David) Don’t listen to her. She’s jealous that she hasn’t gotten interviewed yet. I’m great on the grill. I’m the Grill Master.

Favourite Movie

(David) We don’t have movie theatres or movies since the virus. Before the virus I loved a good horror or action film, but I liked a lot of different movies. Even the occasional chick-flick, but I don’t tell anyone that. I have a reputation to keep up. You’re not gonna put that in the interview right?

Favourite TV Show

(David) Yeah, we don’t have television now either. Man, this interview is really making life after the virus sound boring. (laughs) Before the virus I watched “Criminal Minds.”  “The Big Bang Theory” was pretty hilarious. I had also started watching “The Walking Dead.” Pretty ironic considering everything that’s happened, huh?

Favourite Book

(David) Pretty much anything that has to do with art. I love all kinds of art. There are so many beautiful masterpieces that I’ll never have the opportunity to see now that travel to other countries is cut-off. So I study them the only way I can, through books.

(Eva) It’s true. His house is overrun with art books. They’re everywhere, except where they should be…in the bookcase.

(David) Eva, you’re supposed to stay quiet. I know it’s a hard for you.

(Eva) Ha-ha, David. Funny.


Do you have a pet? If yes what it is? If no what would you want?


(David) No, I don’t have a pet now. If I did, I’d have a cat. Or maybe a gerbil, I think it’s hilarious how their cheeks puff out. (laughs)

(Eva) Yeah, he’s one of the country’s smartest scientific minds. Gerbils’ cheeks—that’s all it takes to entertain him.

(David) Thanks, Eva. I could tell them you find counting how many comma mistakes your students have in their essays entertaining. Now that’s REAL fun.


What were your favourite subjects in school?

(David) Now I’m going to start to sound boring, but art. I know, big surprise, right? And I loved science. I planned to be a veterinarian before the virus so science was a big part of my school schedule. But, I have to say, lunch was pretty much the highlight of the school day (laughs).

Favourite thing about Eva?

(David) I love how her mind works. Talking to her, listening to her, fascinates me. She’s so intelligent, but doesn’t seem to realize it, you know? It’s like a gorgeous woman who doesn’t know she’s gorgeous—it makes her all the more beautiful.  Which, by the way, applies to Eva, as well.

I also love her strength, even though it scares me sometimes, okay, most of the time. I want to step in and take care of her and she isn’t the type of person to be coddled. She can hold her own—she’s stubborn like that.

What do you think your future looks like?

(David) I don’t have a clue. If the virus has taught me anything, it’s that just when you think you have things figured out…you don’t. So I try to live life one day at a time and not overthink things too much. I hope whatever future I have it involves Eva. I can’t imagine a life without her in it.

(Eva) Oh, you’re stuck with me. Even if you can’t cook and you think gerbil cheeks are the funniest things on earth. I still love you.

(David) Okay, that’s one time It’s alright you interrupted.


Quick Fire Round

Chocolate or Vanilla?  Chocolate

Summer or Winter?  Summer

Ice-Cream or Cake?  Ice-cream

Coffee or Tea?  Um, can I have a Coke?


Thanks again for inviting me. I had fun, even if Eva was too stubborn to stay quiet! Hang around, I have a feeling my story isn’t quite over yet. For some reason Eva has November 2014 circled on the calendar, although I’m not exactly sure why.


Stay tuned for more of David and Eva’s Story:

They thought it was over. They were wrong. Dead wrong…

The Infected
No one is safe, and even the PODs may not save them.

Coming November 2014 from Spencer Hill Press


AHHH
Awesome right?
I am so beyond excited for The Infected... I think I shall have to try bribing Michelle to let me read it early... the Puss in Boots eyes will work... right?

GIVEAWAY TIME!

Want to win a signed Copy of PODs?
What am I even asking OF COURSE YOU DO! 
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Connect With Michelle:


I'm a wife, mother, author, reader, although not always in that order.  I write young adult urban fantasies, science/fiction and paranormal romances and have recently started dabbling in young adult contemporary romance. Reading was one of my earliest passions, writing soon followed. I began writing seriously during college where I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in accounting. Why I chose a career that frowns on creativity remains a mystery.
I’m addicted to Reese’s peanut butter cups and eat way too many while I write (I’m currently trying to kick this habit), have an abnormal obsession with hoodies and can’t write without one, and I hate to cook, but love to watch cooking shows on television. An unabashed romantic, I love a swoon-worthy ending that will give me butterflies for days.
I wrote my debut young adult novel, PODs, in 2011. PODs, a science/fiction, post-apocalyptic romance was released June 4, 2013 through the amazing Spencer Hill Press.  My second young adult title, Milayna, a paranormal romance, will release through Spencer Hill Press in March 2014. Milayna’s Angel (Milayna #2) is scheduled for release September 2014. The Infected, a PODs novel, will release November 2014. It is the second, and last, book in the PODs series. The Innocent (Milayna #3), the third and final book in the Milayna series, will release in April 2015.
I was born and raised in Flint, Michigan.  I now reside in a small community outside Houston, Texas with my incredibly supportive, not to mention gorgeous, husband, three amazing school-aged children, a 125-pound lap dog, and an extremely snooty cat.
Keep up-to-date with my current, future projects, appearances, and fun giveaways at www.michelle-pickett.com.

I always love to hear from readers, bloggers and other authors!
Find me here:
Website:            www.Michelle-Pickett.com
Email:                        Michelle@Michelle-Pickett.com
Blog:                        www.Michelle-Pickett.com/blog
Facebook:              www.Facebook.com/michellepickettauthor
Twitter:            http://www.twitter.com/michelle_kp
Goodreads:            http://goodreads.com/michelle-pickett
Linked In:            http://www.linkedin.com/in/michellepickett
Amazon            http://amazon.com/author/michellepickett
Pinterest            http://pinterest.com/michelleauthor/

         BUY PODs:


 photo kayleigh.png

2 comments:

  1. Yay David!! Grill Master (or not) he's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh David sounds fun! I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment