Saturday, August 24

Blog Tour: The Liberator (Dante Walker #2)


The Liberator (Dante Walker #2)
Victoria Scott

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
Date Read: August 13, 2013
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: ARC from Entangled Teen
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Bad boy, meet bad girl.

Dante has a shiny new cuff wrapped around his ankle, and he doesn't like that mess one bit. His new accessory comes straight from Big Guy himself and marks the former demon as a liberator. Despite his gritty past and bad boy ways, Dante Walker has been granted a second chance.

When Dante is given his first mission as a liberator to save the soul of seventeen-year-old Aspen, he knows he’s got this. But Aspen reminds him of the rebellious life he used to live and is making it difficult to resist sinful temptations. Though Dante is committed to living clean for his girlfriend Charlie, this dude’s been a playboy for far too long…and old demons die hard.

With Charlie becoming the girl she was never able to be pre-makeover and Aspen showing him how delicious it feels to embrace his inner beast, Dante will have to go somewhere he never thought he’d return to in order to accomplish the impossible: save the girl he’s been assigned to, and keep the girl he loves.

My Review:

The Liberator was possibly one of my most anticipated reads of this year. I was lucky enough to have read a ARC of the first installment of the Dante Walker series, The Collector, and I fell head over heels in love with many things about it. I adored Dante... I mean who doesn't love a bad boy, I loved Charlie, a normal, not-drop-dead-gorgeous heroine and more than anything Victoria's incredible writing style. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second installment and I knew that there was lots of awesome to come.

Dante doesn't know who he is anymore. He has always been the epic bad boy... the baddest of the bad. But now he is working for the big guy... but he knows that he doesn't feel good. He feels just as bad as he always has. So when he gets his first assignment as a Liberator he doesn't know what to do or to feel. He doesn't want to leave Charlie alone without protection... and how can he turn someone from the bad side when he doesn't truly believe he is good?

Victoria Scott once again blew me away. The Liberator was a fantastic installment in the Dante Walker series and once again I fell in love with her writing. Victoria's writing style is incredible and it just instantly makes you identify with the world and the characters and get excited about going on this ride. I just adore her. She is amazing!

I have to say that as much as I loved The Liberator, it just lacked the same feels I got with The Collector. Don't get me wrong by the end Victoria has grabbed me just as much and had me obsessing over this series again. But the beginning, for me at least, was a different story. The first 100 pages of The Liberator are a bit slow for me. I was a little bit bored and I didn't feel like much was happening. I was waiting for that blown away feeling that I got from The Collector and I didn't get it in the beginning. I was a little disappointed and honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that this was Victoria's book and I had loved the first book so much I probably would have put it down and marked it as a 'Did Not Finish' because it just wasn't holding my attention very much. Everything I adored about the first one, the snarkiness, the romance, was gone a little. But then once I got over page 100 the story started and once again Victoria blew me away. It was like I was hit with a brick of awesomeness and I was like 'WOW! So glad I continued!

As per usual I adored Dante. He goes through such a fantastic personal journey in this one and I loved it. I adored that this book was told from Dante's POV. It made it just that much more awesome. He is just one of those characters that you seriously cannot help but adore. He is fantastic and he is one of the very few male points of view that I love for the whole book. Quite often I can't connect with many male narrators. Dante is one of the exceptions to this... maybe because he is just that awesome!

As per usual I loved Charlie. I love that although Charlie isn't the same Charlie we met in the beginning of The Collector she is still the same nerdy girl we fell in love with deep down. We definitely see a new side of Charlie during The Liberator but I still adored her. She is so innocent and trusting that although it frustrated me many times, I wouldn't want it any other way because it's Charlie and I love her!

The Liberator, although slow in the beginning, has absolutely everything you could possibly want in a book. It has breathtaking romance, heart stopping action and snark that with have you snorting with laughter while reading. Victoria Scott is such a fantastic story teller and by the end she has stolen my heart again and took my breath away. The Liberator has twists and turns that you will never see coming and I loved discovering even more about the characters that I previously fell in love with. I am officially obsessed with this series and I cannot wait to read the next installment in the series. If you love stories of forbidden love, angels and demons and bad boys with lots of heart and snark then the Dante Walker series is a must read. It was awesome!



   
 Connect with Victoria Scott:
I’m a teen fiction writer with a die-hard affection for dark and humorous books. My work is represented by Sara Crowe of Harvey Klinger literary agency. I have a master’s degree in marketing, and currently live in Dallas with my husband, Ryan. My first series started with THE COLLECTOR, and was published by Entangled Teen in April 2013. The second book in the trilogy, THE LIBERATOR, will release August 2013. My next series kicks off with FIRE & FLOOD and is being published by Scholastic, February 2014.


    
 
Giveaway Time!
Win:
1 Signed Copy of The Liberator
1 Signed Copy of Twilight
--> a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment