Friday, November 15

Spensations: Spotlight On... Fireblood by Trisha Wolfe



Hey Guys,
Welcome to another Spensations Spotlight.
I am so over excited about this one as it's one of my favourite authors ever and this book, having already read it, is one of my favourite books of the year. It is absolutely fantastic...

Let me tell you a bit about Fireblood...

Fireblood (Fireblood #1)
Trisha Wolfe

Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: October 8, 2013
Date Read: June 20, 2013
Genre: YA - Epic Fantasy
Source: Beta Copy from Trisha Wolfe
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15841140-fireblood
From Goodreads:
To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control.

When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father’s capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin.

Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult.

When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart’s twisted world, Zara’s path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara’s hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father’s evil nature, or they will take him out.

But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels’ command and where the prince’s heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she’s truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart.
~ My Review~

Wow I genuinely don't even know where to start with this review. I have been such a massive fan of Trisha Wolfe's ever since she sent me her self-published novella, Unveiled, for review a few years back. Notice the title? Yes? That's because it's the novella that then turned into the prequel for this series. From having read that before this was even wrote I instantly loved this world and could not wait till I could get my hands on this book and continue this story.

Zara is chosen. Everyone thinks Zara is the luckiest girl on earth. She has been chosen to marry Prince Sebastian. But Zara wants nothing to do with him. All she wants is to look after her father and stay as far away from teh royals as possible. But she can't. After her father is taken she must face her future. But when an unlikely rebel befriends her Zara has to choose between staying safe or helping to put all that is right in this society. She must choose between her head and her heart... or could both be leading her in the same direction?

I loved this book so much but I have to be honest and say I was incredibly disheartened to learn that we would be seeing this book through Zara's eyes. I fell in love with Fallon as a character in the prequel and she was such a awesome kick-ass heroine I was really sad to find that we wouldn't be seeing the story from her side. However it didn't take long for Zara to seep into my heart as a great lead female character. Within a few chapters I was rooting for her and dying to know what was going to happen to her. Trisha Wolfe really pulled it out of the bag. With her fantastic characters, her phenomenal world building and her 'can't stop reading' writing style this book has everything and it unputdownable.

I fell hard for these characters. From our unlikely dreamy rebel who stole my heart and kept it for the entirelty of this book to the torn prince. Yes I loved the prince... sometimes. The thing I found about Sebastian is that right until the very end I didn't really know whether he was a good guy or a bad guy. At times I despised him and thought oh yeah he's bad but then you'd have these scenes between Zara and Sebastian where you'd see a softer side to him and think you know he's not that bad. His character conflicts had me guessing right until the very end.

I genuinely loved every single moment of this book. I could not put it down. From it's non-stop action, to it's heartwarming romance I just could not stop reading until I had finished and found out what was happening. Fireblood is without a doubt a must-read and gives you this brand new spin and perception of this world than the one you initially start out with in Unveiled. It gives you new characters that churn your heart while still giving you enough about the characters in Unveiled that you really see the whole picture and what happens to all of the characters you love.

Fireblood is phenomenal. It had me laughing and cheesy grinning at my e-reader like a crazy person one minute and then heartbroken in tears the next. It really pulls on your heartstrings in a good way and leaves you breathless. This book was phenomenal and the ending was just purely perfect. I am dying to see where Trisha is going to go next with this world. Fireblood is one book that is not to be mixed. It is perfect for fans of Fantasy and perfect for readers who don't read fantasy. It has everything there which makes this the perfect must-read for everyone.





Don't forget to read the prequel, Unveiled. Available in ebook format NOW.

2 comments:

  1. I love Trisha Wolfe! I can't wait to get my copy of Fireblood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this now, as you know. I am enjoying it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment