Wednesday, January 18

Review: The One We Fell in Love With

The One We Fell in Love With
Paige Toon

Published By: Simon and Schuster UK
Publication Date: May 19, 2016
Date Read: December 7, 2016
Genre: YA - Chick Lit
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 416
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29283036-the-one-we-fell-in-love-with

From Goodreads:
Phoebe is caught between a rock and a hard place. Settle down and get married, or return to the French Alps to pursue her passion?

Eliza is in love with someone who is no longer hers. In fact, he probably never was… And her dream of becoming a successful musician seems to be vanishing before her eyes.

Rose is out of a job and out of a boyfriend. To make matters worse, she’s been forced to move back in with her mother…

But these very different girls have one thing in common. Angus. The one they fell in love with…

The One We Fell in Love With is another one of Paige Toon's books that has been sat on my shelf for so so long before I actually picked it up to read and I am now kicking myself for not reading this one sooner. The One We Fell in Love With is so different to other Paige Toon books but for all the right reasons. I have always been in love with Paige's book since her debut because of their fun, beautiful and romantic stories that are amazingly girly and although this one has all of those aspects it is emotional and heartwrenching at the same time which gave this book just another beautiful layer that her previous books doesn't have. I loved every second of it.

The One We Fell in Love With follows three identical triplets, Phoebe, Rose and Eliza. They have always been different people as much as they look alike but one thing they have in common is Angus. The boy that all three of them fell in love with. All three of them have dilemmas in their life but can they come together after a tragedy? And can Angus bring them together or will he tear them apart?

I absolutely loved this book. What a stunningly emotional read. For the first time ever I cried reading a Paige Toon book. This book just has so much emotion running through it I will seriously doubt if you have a heart if you can read this book without shedding a tear. One of the things I adored the most about this book is that running theme of sisterhood throughout it. All of Paige's books have this amazing romance going on but while that happens in this book I feel like it is more of a back burner to the relationships between the sisters and it was amazing to read about and experience and it made me love this book even more. It made me laugh, cry and it broke my heart before putting it back together again. It was such a phenomenal read.

The One We Fell in Love With is one of the most emotional, sad, moving and uplifting books I have read in so long. It was absolutely stunning and I loved every moment of this book. I cannot recommend it enough. It is so beautiful book, in both story and writing. Paige Toon has proven helself once again to be at the top of her game. She is phenomenal and I am now heartbroken that I have no more Paige books to read. If there's one book you pick up this year to devour make sure it is this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment