Wednesday, February 1

Review: The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson #1)

The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson #1)
Paige Toon

Published By: Simon and Schuster Childrens Books
Publication Date: January 17, 2014
Date Read: December 19, 2016
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26111537-the-accidental-life-of-jessie-jefferson

From Goodreads:
Meet Jessie, small-town girl turned wild child ... Jessie has never known her real dad, and when her mum dies she thinks any hope of finding him is gone. As she goes off the rails, her stepdad announces that her father is Johnny Jefferson - legendary rockstar and former hell-raiser. Still dealing with her loss, and now the daughter of a superstar, Jessie is sucked into the LA lifestyle - paparazzi, parties and hot guitar-wielding boys included. But is Johnny up to the job? And, more importantly, is Jessie?

There are no words to describe just how excited I was to hear about this book when it was first announced. I am a huge fan of Paige Toon's books, having read every single one of her adult books. My favourites are her first two novels, one of which was Johnny Be Good. I absolutely adore reading about Johnny and Meg and so to have a YA series as a spin off of their books I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I can't really explain why I waited so long to read a book I was so excited for but I am now kicking myself for not reading it sooner. It was so good. However, now I can binge read the entire series so it's not all bad.

Jessie has had a hell of a 6 months. Her mother suddenly and unexpectedly passed away and with her Jessie's hope of ever knowing who her biological father was. She turns into the resident wild child with smoking, alcohol and partying her main focusses of life. But then she finds out her step father knows who her biological dad is. Suddenly Jessie is on her way to meet her father and his family, the one and only Johnny Jefferson, legendary rock god and former bad-boy. Her life is thrown upside down.

I loved this book. Like loved, loved, loved it. I haven't read any of the books including Johnny and Meg for a while and I really forgot how much I loved their books. I do think I appreciated this book so much more because I had read the books about Johnny and Meg before hand. Even if you are not a fan of adult chick lit books I would really recommend reading Johnny Be Good, Baby Be Mine and Johnny's Girl before reading this series because they are so worth it and make you appreciate the characters so much more. I really forgot how much I loved them and reading this made me really want to re-read those three books again.

Jessie was such a great character to read about. I really loved reading about her and even though she did some questionable actions I still really liked her and I could understand why she acted the way that she did. I loved seeing her change so much throughout the book. You see her go from this insane wild chid who just wants to drink and smoke and party her pain away to seeing a more vulnarable side to her when she meets Johnny and his family. I loved seeing that evolution of her and I love her as a main character.

Now the boys, as always in Paige Toon books and certainly in YA books we have the love interests. I really like both boys. Tom is the normal guy back home who Jessie really likes and he is quite adorable. He is sweet and was there for her throughout her breakdowns about her mother's death and I really liked him. Then we met Jack, lead guitarist in hot new band All Hype in LA. He is the epitome of the party bad boy but I loved him so much. He is a sweet guy and I really loved him, even if he is a bit of a womaniser. I ship Jessie and Jack so hard 😍💓

The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson was everything that I wanted and more. I adored every single moment of it and I am so excited to read the next book in the series. I absolutely love this book and I couldn't recommend it enough. If you're looking for a new series to read this is it. And if you're a fan of Paige Toon books already, what the heck are you waiting for. Go read this now. It's filled to the brim with romance, drama and rock music. A definite must read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment