Wednesday, February 8

Review: I Knew You Were Trouble (Jessie Jefferson #2)

I Knew You Were Trouble (Jessie Jefferson #2)
Paige Toon

Published By: Simon and Schuster
Publication Date: July 30, 2015
Date Read: December 22, 2016
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Jessie Jefferson's dad is a global superstar. But life as the secret daughter of a world-famous rock god isn't easy. After a whirlwind summer in LA, with celebrity parties and a certain hot guitarist to keep her occupied, Jessie's finding it hard to work out who she is. And who she wants...

The world's press is closing in, and LA is calling. How long can Jessie keep her secret life hidden?

Summer may be over, but this story's just beginning...

Paige Toon is without a doubt one of my all time favourite authors. I absolutely love her and I've been on such a Paige Toon binge read lately. I devoured all of her adult books that I had left to read and finally turned onto her YA series. Ever since I first heard about this series I was so excited but decided to wait until it was complete so I could binge read it. And I am so, so glad that I did. I Knew You Were Trouble was just as addicting as the first novel in the series and I couldn't put it down.

Jessie has had the time of her life over the summer with her rockstar dad in LA. But now she is back in England and back to school and nobody knows who she really is. But as the press start to get closer to discovering the identify of Johnny Jefferson's daughter Jessie has to decide who she is and what she wants.

Jessie was so great to read about and follow through this novel. She has gone on such a journey since hte beginning of the first book. She has gone from wild child who is coping with her mothers death to a mature and wonderful young woman. I loved reading about her and I loved seeing what she was going through. Once again we have the love triangle of Jessie, hottest-guy-in-school Tom and gorgeous rockstar Jack. I like Tom enough he is a super sweet guy and I did love the parts with him and Jessie but man he has nothing on Jack. Jack is just awsome and perfect and his and Jessie's relationship kind of reminded my of the early days of Johnny and Meg's relationship and I freaking love Johnny and Meg. They are awesome.

I Knew You Were Trouble was a stunning and amazing instalment in the Jessie Jefferson series and I loved every moment of it. I couldn't put it down. Paige Toon once again knocked my socks off and made me fall in love with all of her characters. If you're looking for a new series to fall in love with I highly recommend this one. I cannot wait to find out how it all ends in the next book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment