Monday, March 6

Review: Breathless (Elementals #2.5)

Breathless (Elementals #2.5)
Brigid Kemmerer

Published By: K-Teen
Publication Date: April 30, 2014
Date Read: January 14, 2017
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15819003-breathless

From Goodreads:
Too many secrets. Not enough time.

Nick Merrick is supposed to be the level-headed one. The peacemaker. Since it’s just him and his three hotheaded brothers against the world, that’s a survival tactic.

But now he’s got problems even his brothers can’t help him survive.

His so-called girlfriend, Quinn, is going quick as mercury from daring to crazy. Meanwhile, Quinn’s dancer friend Adam is throwing Nick off balance, forcing him to recognize a truth he’d rather shove back into the dark.

He can feel it—the atmosphere is sizzling. Danger is on the way. But whatever happens next, Nick is starting to find out that sometimes nothing you do can keep the peace.

After devouring the first two novels of The Elementals Series I couldn't wait to see what happens next and get inside another brothers head. After loving Gabriel's story I was really excited to see that this novella was from Gabriel's twin brother, Nick's perspective. Although I am hoping Nick will also get his own full length novel later in the series too.

Nick is the calm and collected of the Merrick brothers. While his brothers are super hot-headed he is the calm one who always chills them out. But Nick is keeping secrets from his brothers, secrets he just doesn't think they could ever understand or accept. Secrets he himself isn't sure he understands or accepts.

I loved this novella so much. Seriously, I like devoured it in one single sitting. I adore Nick's perspective and I believe he may just be my favourite of the Merrick brothers. He is so awesome and he is very unsure of himself and although he exudes confidence that is very far from what he feels internally. In Fearless he feels himself accepting himself a little bit more and finding who he is more and I loved experiencing that. I also love Quinn. She is such a great character and you really appreciate the friendship/relationship she and Nick have.

Enter Adam. Oh my god I love Adam. He is hilarious and amazing. I just love that he accepts who he is and will come on to anyone he finds attractive whether they are gay or straight. He is just an amazing character and I ship him and Nick so freaking hard. I loved every second that they interacted in this novella and I am praying that he is going to pop up in some of the other books as I may just have another favourite character in this series.

Breathless is a perfect novella to get you even more addicted to this series. It is the perfect length so you can just devour it in one sitting and it really leaves you needing to read more. I loved every moment and I cannot wait to read more of this highly addictive series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment