Wednesday, March 1

Review: Spark (Elementals #2)

Spark (Elementals #2)
Brigid Kemmerer

Published By: K-Teen
Publication Date: August 28, 2012
Date Read: January 13, 2017
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 345
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12977172-spark

From Goodreads:
Gabriel Merrick plays with fire. Literally. Sometimes he can even control it. And sometimes he can't. Gabriel has always had his brothers to rely on, especially his twin, Nick. But when an arsonist starts wreaking havoc on their town, all the signs point to Gabriel. Only he's not doing it. And no one seems to believe him. Except a shy sophomore named Layne, a brainiac who dresses in turtlenecks and jeans and keeps him totally off balance. Because Layne has a few secrets of her own...

I read the first book in The Elementals series, Storm, what feels like forever ago. I can't honestly explain why I didn't continue the series then because I absolutely loved it. And now, after finishing Spark I am absolutely kicking myself for not continuing the series sooner.

Gabriel Merrick is hot headed. The Merrick brother that controls fire, he has always struggled to control his gift. When an arsonist starts setting deadly fires Gabriel tries to control his gift and help the victims of these fires. Enter Layne, a quiet subdued girl at school and the more Gabriel spends time with her the more he wants to protect her. But Layne has secrets of her own and can she open up with this wild, fiery boy without getting burned?

I seriously loved Spark so much. It was such a fantastic book. Right from the start Brigid grabbed my attention and didn't let it go. I couldn't turn the pages fact enough. One thing I adore about this series is that we have the paranormal storyline with the elementals but there is such a strong romance storyline and I loved that more than anything.

Gabriel was such an awesome character to read about. He is very strong and hot headed and won't think twice about beating the crap out of someone if he gets to protect his family and friends but then when he is with Layne he is so sweet and gentle with her and her brother and it just made me fall in love with him so much. Layne was such a great character. I think she is so relatable and awesome. She is quiet, nerdy and generally just an amazingly kind and generous person. I adored her and loved reading her point of view in the book.

This book was completely filled with amazing romance and I loved every single second of it. Right from the start I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen with Gabriel and Layne. I loved the reminder of the Guides that I am sure will become a much bigger role in future books in the series and I cannot wait to see what is going to happen.

If you love a book filled with magic and romance then you need to read this series. Honestly, I think the first book in the series was better but I just cannot wait to read the rest of the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment