Wednesday, March 8

Review: Spirit (Elementals #3)

Spirit (Elementals #3)
Brigid Kemmerer

Published By: K Teen
Publication Date: May 28, 2013
Date Read: January 15, 2017
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 301
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
With power comes enemies. Lots of them.

Hunter Garrity just wants to be left alone. He’s learned the hard way that his unusual abilities come at a price. And he can’t seem to afford any allies.

He’s up to his neck in hostiles. His grandfather, spoiling for a fight. The Merrick brothers, who think he ratted them out. Calla, the scheming psycho who wants to use him as bait.

Then there’s Kate Sullivan, the new girl at school. She’s not hostile. She’s bold. Funny. Hot. But she’s got an agenda, too.

With supposedly secret powers rippling to the surface everywhere around him, Hunter knows something ugly is about to go down. But finding out what means he’ll have to find someone he can trust…

The Elementals Series is fast becoming a favourite of mine. I am just so in love with this series that the more books I read the more addicted I become and the more I need to know what's going to happen. I genuinely have not loved a series this much since I read Jennifer L Armentrout's Covenant series. It is just as addictive and it makes me feel like I did reading that one where I just couldn't get enough of the world and the characters.

I was so so happy to finally get a book all about my boy, Hunter. Hunter is a great source of confusion in this series. He was raised by a Guide so technically should be an enemy to the Merrick brothers but the more of this series I read, the more I see him for what he is. Confused. About what is right and wrong and the more I read the more I realise he is a good guy. He just wants to do the right thing and is confused about what that is due to his upbringing. I loved this book. I loved Hunter's story. He is such an amazing character and he really did go through such a growth in this book. He realised who he is. He realised who the Guides are, and he realised where he belongs and I loved every single moment of his journey.

Now Kate is our lead female character in this book. A fellow Guide, she has been sent to survey the Merrick's and find out if they are dangerous or not. Now I have to say at the beginning of this book I really hated Kate. I didn't like her at all!! But the more I read, the more I realised that just like Hunter she has layers. I ended up really loving her and I loved the friendship and relationship that slowly developed between her and Hunter.

Spirit was definitely more about the Guides than the romance, which is a stark contrast from the other books. The other books are heavily on the romance with the stuff with the guides added in for the storyline and the paranormal aspect of the elementals. This was the opposite but it did not take away any enjoyment from this book at all. I loved seeing more of the Guides and learning more about them and their ways and their justification for their actions. It was really amazing to finally see things starting to make sense and come together, ready for what I'm assuming is going to be an explosive and action packed conclusion to the series, even though there's at least 2 more novels after this one.

This is definitely the most emotional book of the series so far. I didn't quite cry but it definitely pulled at my heartstrings more than the previous novels. It was honestly a perfect instalment to the Elementals series. I loved every moment of it and I certainly can't stop reading now. I am hooked and I need to know what is going to happen to all of my beloved characters. Seriously, if you haven't read this series yet I cannot recommend it enough. It's amazing. Go pick up the first book now. You will not regret it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment