Monday, March 27

Review: Wrong (Wrong #1)

Wrong (Wrong #1)
Jana Aston

Publication Date: October 7, 2015
Date Read: January 21, 2017
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26224667-wrong

From Goodreads:
I have a history of picking the wrong guy. Gay? Player? Momma’s boy? Check, check and check.

Now I can’t stop fantasizing about one of the customers at the coffee shop I work at between classes. It’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s not like I ever see this guy outside of the coffee shop. It’s not like I’m going to see him while attempting to get birth control at the student clinic. While wearing a paper gown. While sitting on an exam table. Because he’s the doctor. Shoot. Me.

But what if, for once, the man I’ve had the dirtiest, most scandalous fantasies about turned out to be everything but wrong?

Wrong is without a doubt the most hilarious book I think I have ever read. Now I am not a major fan of NA books as a whole but I had seen this one around quite a lot. Jana was at the Romance Author and Reader Event (RARE) I went to last year in Edinburgh but I never went to see her as I had never read any of her books. Then a few months ago, while I was scrolling through facebook I came across a promo picture for this book that made me literally laugh out loud. It was also at a time when I was just looking for a funny, cute quick read that I didn't need to think a whole lot about it and one-clicked this book. I was not disappointed. I finished it in such a short period of time as I just couldn't stop reading. It is addictive and absolutely hilarious.

Sophie is a 23 year old student who while working her part time job as a barista is completely crushing on a customer who comes in every week. He is older and completely gorgeous. But it doesn't matter because it's not like she will ever meet him outside of work. But then when she goes to the student sexual health clinic for an exam and some birth control she realises he is a gynacologist.... HER gynacologist and things just got all kinds of awkward.

This is one of the most awkward, embarassing and hilarious books I have ever read. I don't know how anyone would cope with the situations Sophie gets herself into, but they were just so amazingly enjoyable to read about. You really cringed with her throughout the embarassing situations and were just laughing so much at what was happening. I loved Sophie. She was such an amazing character to read about. I also adored her best friend, Everly, as she is just a ball full of hilarious one-liners. I am so excited Everly has her own book as that is going to just be amazing.

I loved Luke. Luke was just one of those heroes of a romance book that everyone loves. He is sweet and hot and he really makes you fall for him. The more I read the more I loved him and I really would have liked to see some of the scenes from his point of view. I think it would've just been that much more hilarious seeing some of those awkward situations from his perspective.

Wrong was such a hilarious, sexy and amazing book. I couldn't put it down. It was just the kind of book that I needed. Something that was easy to read and funny and enjoyable. I loved every moment of it and I cannot wait to read more from this author.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment