Monday, May 1

Early Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)

A Court of Wings and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)
Sarah J Maas

Published By: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: May 2, 2017
Date Read: April 30, 2017
Genre: NA - Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: Hardback
Pages: 699
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31451174-a-court-of-wings-and-ruin

From Goodreads:
Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

"To the stars who listen - and the dreams that are answered."

There are no words to describe just how flipping excited I was to get this book. Sarah J Maas has been one of my all time favourite authors ever since her debut novel Throne of Glass came out. I have read and loved all of her books but not one series captures my heart like this one. I was both excited and terrified when A Court of Wings and Ruin landed on my doorstep. I couldn't believe it had been delivered so early and couldn't wait to dive in but I was so not ready for Feyre and Rhys' story to be over. A Court of Wings and Ruin was utterly perfect. I loved every single moment.

A Court of Mist and Fury left us with such a major cliffhanger with Feyre going into the enemy camp of the Spring Court. I was so worried about how much acting Feyre was going to have to do with Tamlin to make him believe that she was truly back. I needn't have worried because Sarah executed everything perfectly. This series is one of the most expertly planned and weaved storylines I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Sarah is definitely one phenomenal author and she is one that I will read whatever she writes regardless of what it is. I love her books so much. A Court of Wings and Ruin has so many twists and turns I didn't see coming and I love when an author can do that. I usually guess what's going to happen so many times that I am absolutely thrilled that I couldn't do that in this one. That to me is a sign of an amazing author.

Feyre is such a badass. Of course we knew this already from the previous books in this series but in A Court of Wings and Ruin she really takes her 'bad-assery' to a whole other level. When you look at how Feyre was in the first book of the series there is no mistaking the amount she has grown as a character throughout these three books. She is wonderful and perfect. A total badass who is willing to do whatever needs to be done to win the war but she also shows a perfect balance of that and the emotion she feels for her sisters, Rhys and her court.

A Court of Wings and Ruin was without a doubt the most emotional fantasy novel I've ever read. I often get so caught up in the action that I sometimes don't feel some of the heartbreak and emotion of war in a lot of fantasy novels. This was absolutely not the case. I sobbed. A lot! I was completely and utterly heartbroken at a few times within this book. I don't think I've cried that much at a book in such a long time. Sarah completely puts your heart through the wringer in this one but trust in her. The heartbreak is totally worth it because the ending was utterly perfect.

A Court of Wings and Ruin was utterly perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing novel and ending for Feyre's story. I am so so excited for more from Prythian and I already have my guesses and theories about who the next books will centre around but I'm keeping that to myself for now. You'll find no spoilers here. Sorry to disappoint. Now stop reading this review and just go and read the damn book! I'm just gonna go over here and sit in the worst book hangover I think I have ever had. Go and savour and treasure this perfect book. It's worth every tear.

"I would have waited five hundred more years for you. A thousand years. And if this was all the time we were allowed to have... the wait was worth it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment