Wednesday, May 24

Review: How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club #2)

How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club #2)
Holly Bourne

Published By: Usbourne Publishing
Publication Date: February 1, 2016
Date Read: April 9, 2017
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 480
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26255907-how-hard-can-love-be
From Goodreads:
Amber, Evie and Lottie: three girls facing down tough issues with the combined powers of friendship, feminism and cheesy snacks. Both hilarious and heart-rending, this is Amber’s story of how painful – and exhilarating – love can be, following on from Evie’s story in Am I Normal Yet?

All Amber wants is a little bit of love. Her mum has never been the caring type, even before she moved to California, got remarried and had a personality transplant. But Amber's hoping that spending the summer with her can change all that.

And then there's prom king Kyle, the guy all the girls want. Can he really be interested in anti-cheerleader Amber? Even with best friends Evie and Lottie's advice, there's no escaping the fact: love is hard.

"Failure is never getting hurt. Because that means you've not done anything you care about."

I've been a major fan of Holly Bourne ever since I read her debut Soulmates, which totally blew me away. The first book in The Spinster Club series, Am I Normal Yet? was one of my favourite books of 2015. I am really kicking myself now for not continuing this series sooner. Amber's story was amazing. I loved every single moment of it and I can't wait to read Lottie's story.

Amber can't wait for the summer, where she is jetting off to sunny California to see her Mum, whom she hasn't seen for 2 years since she jetted off with her new husband and didn't look back. While there Amber realises that things aren't quite as she expected and when she meeets gorgeous all-American Prom King Kyle she falls hard. But can Kyle honestly like tall, ginger Amber over the gorgeous American girls?

I loved How Hard Can Love Be? so much. Once I started reading it, it was very very hard to put down. I pretty much read the whole thing in one sitting. Amber is such an amazing main character and I loved reading about her story. I couldn't read it fast enough. Holly is such an amazing author. Every book of hers she has sucked me in and I have been so addicted to the stories she tells. They are amazing love stories but with something so much more as well. I particularly love the hard hitting issues that she tackled in this series. From a main character suffering from OCD in book 1 to Amber's alcoholic mother in this one. These books are without a doubt a must-read.

I cannot profess my love for this book enough. It was just absolutely phenomenal. I loved the setting of an American summer camp. It brought laughter, tears and romance to the book which to me just made it all the more perfect. I loved Kyle so much. The more I read of the book the more I fell head over heels in love with him. I adored that he wasn't the usual 'bad boy' that you find in YA books. He was just a perfectly adorable kind guy and I loved that. I loved them Kyle and Amber and I really hope they crop up again in the next book. I could have easily read a much longer book about their adventures together. I adored them.

How Hard Can Love Be? was one of my favourite reads of the year so far and I can't wait to continue the series. If you haven't read this series yet I highly recommend it. It was so amazing.

"Be you. It's all you can ever be anyway. But own being you. It's a fab thing to own."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment